LACTIMED at Beirut Cooking Festival
From 7/11/2014 to 9/11/2014
Workshop / Seminar, BtoB / Exhibition / Fair
The 4th edition of the Beirut Cooking Festival will take place from 7 to 9 November 2014 at Biel, Beirut, Lebanon. This event brings together the very best in cuisine, wines, drinks. Retailers will be able to exhibit and promote their products in front of an audience particularly interested in gastronomy. During three days, companies will have the opportunity to exhibit their products, with the possibility, for the public, to meet from small producers to the representatives of larger companies.
With more than 10 000 visitors in the last edition, the event expects to gather 100 Exhibitors. Many attractive workshops are foreseen, including:
- Chef’s Kitchen Celebrity chefs cooking in live and giving their best recipes;
- Cocktails preparations with famous bar tenders and bar consultants;
- Olive Oil tasting sessions with professional olive oil experts and tasters;
- Librairie Gourmande with a wide selection of cooking books and firmed by famous writers;
- Wine Tasting Sessions with professional wine makers and experts;
- Lifestyle workshops with consultants, designers, florists, foodservice experts and dieticians.
You can find below a detailed program of the activities that will be held during the festival:
- Exhibition of the traditional dairy products at LACTIMED stand located at the main Hall (G2-4-6 / H5-7-9) on 6-8 November 6-8, from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Conference about the importance of the Mediterranean traditional dairy products.
- Date: 7th of November from 12:00 am to 2:00 pm – BIEL conference room
- Speakers :
- Aurelien Baudoin – Lactimed Project Coordinator
- Dr. Ziad Jaber – Dairy Consultant / FAO
- Dr.Mirna Abboud Mzawak – Head of Social Sciences Department / USEK
- Selma Tozanli – Professor / CIHEAM - Montpellier
- Zainab Jeambay – Promotion Officer / Food Heritage Foundation
- Cooking shows using traditional dairy products :
- On the 6th of November :
- from 4:30 to 5:30 pm, Joe Barza, Founder and Chef Consultant of Joe Barza Culinary Consultancy pairs earthy flavors of Lebanese cuisine to reveal his appetizing “Halloum Omelet” recipe along with a mouthwatering “Osmaliyeh” .
- from 5:45 to 6:45 pm , Rabih Fouany, Head Chef of Eau De Vie Phoenicia Hotel Beirut & ORBIT TV celebrity embraces flavors to make “Crispy Akkawi Cheese with Candied Ginger”, “Red Beets” and a delectable “Maple Vinaigrette”.
- On the 6th of November :
- Business meetings between distributors, supermarkets and caterers and Greek, Italian, Tunisian, Egyptian and Lebanese exhibitors during the 3 days of the festival.